What are main cache types?
There are roughly three main types of caches you can clean on your Mac:
- System cache
- User cache (including app cache and DNS cache)
- Browser cache.
- Open the Safari browser.
- In the Safari menu select Preferences.
- In the Advanced section tick Show Develop menu in menu bar.
- Click on Develop in the menu bar and select Empty Caches.
- Close the Safari browser to finish the cache clearing.
If you use one of the most popular browsers, Chrome, follow the next steps to clear caches:
- Open the Chrome browser.
- In the Chrome menu select Preferences.
- Scroll down and click Advanced.
- At the end of the list of Privacy and Security section click on Clear browsing data.
- Tick Cached images and files, choose Time range and click on the Clear Data button.